Tuesday, November 11, 2008

F + A = Success

Author: Ethan
Source: http://www.self-improvement-mentor.com/


Have you ever felt discouraged at the lack of progress you are making in self improvement? Feel that the results you’re getting don’t reflect the amount of effort you’re putting in?


I know exactly how you feel. It can be really frustrating. I felt like giving up many times before. However, putting aside all fancy stuff, essentially 2 things are needed for successful personal development : focus & approach. Those who seem to not succeed lack either one of the two (some have neither!)

Focus means to follow through on your self improvement actions consistently without getting distracted along the way. I was guilty of lack of focus. I used to constantly search and load new information into my brain before I even had the chance to properly apply what I have learned. I never practiced something long enough to see the results. Sounds easy but it took me years to develop the discipline to focus on something long enough.

Approach means the strategies and teachings for personal development. Nowadays, everywhere you turn there seems to be a new self improvement book or program. Which to follow? Some are gold, some are junk, and many are basically preaching the same principles. I have experienced all 3 types, and you probably have too. Rest assured, there are no ‘junk’ here.

So, to achieve success, take care of these 2 areas first!! With the right approach and a 100% commitment, anything can be achieved.

If you keep moving towards your goal everyday, you will eventually reach it.

No comments: